Opportunities available in Aklavik and Tuktoyaktuk.
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation is seeking committed, organized, and self-motivated individuals to fill the position(s) of camp counsellor(s) in our Summer Literacy Camp program. These literacy camps aim to promote a love of reading and learning and increase self-confidence among kids aged five to 12 in our region.
Each team will be comprised of three to five camp counsellors and will work together with the remote guidance of the capacity team in Inuvik. IRC will provide candidates with a fully-paid training session prior to the start of camp during the week of June 11. Training completion is mandatory to be considered for the job.
Requirements to be considered for the position include:
- Be at least 16 years old, mature, punctual, responsible, and able to work with little supervision.
- Enjoy working with young children. Previous experience is an asset.
- Experience or interest in the fields of education, teaching, or community programming.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Be familiar with local agencies, leaders, culture(s), and activities in the community.
- Possess a current Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Deadline to apply is May 30, 2018.
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: