Within the following ISR Communities: Aklavik, Tuktoyaktuk, Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour and Ulukhaktok.
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) invites applications for the position of Land Program Coordinator (Casual). Under the guidance of the Manager of On-the-Land (OTL) Wellness Programs, this position will lead and deliver Project Jewel Land-based programs within the community, such asopportunities for community members to take part in (seasonal) cultural, traditional, and wellness programs on the Land within the ISR
• Promote connections to culture, language and traditions through Elder and Community Members teachings, programs and experiences while on the land;
• Coordinate and be present (on site) for all activities for the duration of the Land Program;
• Maintain effective communication with Manager of OTL Wellness Programs before, during and after excursion;
• Promote and invite additional services providers to attend Land programs;
• Connect and network with other services providers within the community;
• Participate in training opportunities as required by position.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
• Minimum of a High School diploma will be required;
• Certificate or Diploma in health and wellness and/or land-based courses (i.e. Environment and Natural Resources Training Program) would be considered an asset;
• Participant orientation skills would be required to ensure that participants feel safe;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Land as well as travelling and camping skills are essential;
• Ability to listen actively and respond constructively to those in challenging situations;
• Flexible work hours will be required in order to deliver that scheduled OTL programs (i.e. evenings, weekends and overnights);
• Must be able to travel to Inuvik for training throughout the year;
• Must hold (or able to attain) a valid Possession Acquisition License (PAL);
• Must hold (or able to attain) an Advanced Wilderness and Remote First Aid CPR-C + AED Certificate;
• May be required to hold (or able to attain) a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement
Deadline to apply is July 23, 2019.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation – Human Resources Division Email: jobs@Inuvialuit.com OR Fax: 1.888.872.7142