Within the following ISR Communities: Aklavik, Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour, Tuktoyaktuk, Ulukhaktok Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) invites applications for the position of Oral Health Representative in Aklavik, Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour, Tuktoyaktuk, Ulukhaktok. Under the guidance of the Health Promotions Coordinator, the Oral Health Representative will be responsible for providing oral health education, caries (cavity) prevention and monitoring/organizing recall and referral programs for visiting Oral Health professionals in their home community as part of IRC’s Oral Health Initiative for children ages 0-12. Training for the role will be provided.
• Coordinate and implement school toothbrushing programs;
• Coordinate and implement school fluoride treatment programs;
• Prepare and deliver Oral Health Education presentations to community groups, CPNP, Healthy babies, and Schools;
• Connect and network with other service providers within the community;
• Provide oral health screenings to children ages 0-12 and report findings to Health Promotions Coordinator;
• Participate in training opportunities as required by the position;
• Ensure all children ages 0-12 in the community are seen by the IRC Dental Hygienist twice a year by preparing and monitoring recall lists.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
• High School Diploma preferred, but not required;
• Certificate or Diploma in a Health and Wellness would be considered an asset;
• 1-2 years of client-service experience, preferable in field related to health or wellness;
• Cultural awareness of the local community;
• Ability to listen actively and respond constructively to those in challenging situations;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local, regional and other supports;
• Reliable and willing to work with minimum supervision;
• Demonstrated capacity to maintain confidentiality;
• Fluency in local indigenous language would be an asset;
• The incumbent may be required to work flexible hours (i.e. evenings, weekends).
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Inuvialuit Regional Corporation – Human Resources Division Email: jobs@Inuvialuit.com OR Fax: 1.888.872.7142