"On behalf of Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) and IRC’s Board of Directors I am very pleased to announce the launch of the Inuit Post-Secondary Education Strategy. Through negotiations and collaboration with Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, our partners across Inuit Nunangat and the Government of Canada, we are able to provide Inuvialuit beneficiaries living throughout Canada with funding to attend a post-secondary education (PSE) program of their choice. This program aims to address some of the social inequities that serve as needless barriers for many Inuvialuit wishing to attend a post-secondary education program. Expenses like travel, childcare, tuition & books and a living allowance can be considered."
Duane Ningaqsiq Smith
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to submit your application.
Inuit Post-Secondary Education Strategy (IPSES) funding supports Inuit post-secondary students across Canada with: application fees, tuition, travel costs, child care, books and supplies, living expenses, mentorship and counselling, and more.
All Inuvialuit living in Canada and enrolled as beneficiaries under the Inuvialuit Final Agreement are eligible.
Deadline for 2020-21 Applications:
- Fall Semester: July 15, 2020
- Winter Semester: November 15, 2020
- Summer Semester: March 15, 2021
What you need for an IPSES Application Package:
1. Completed and signed Application Form (ensure all pages are fully completed)
2. Documented proof of enrolment from the Inuvialuit Regional Corporation
3. Proof of Identification (i.e. health care card)
4. Verification of Dependents claimed (i.e. birth certificate)
5. Proof of application to SFA funding – NWT, FANS funding – Nunavut and proof of grants or loans from all other provinces. This is a requirement to apply for IPSES.
6. Course outlines
7. Approximate tuition/fees for Post-Secondary program applied for
8. Proof of Acceptance or Conditional Acceptance into a Post-Secondary program of studies
You may also click on the following posters to view the information on your full screen: