Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) invites applications for the position of Land Program Coordinator.
Under the guidance of the Manager of On-the-Land (OTL) Wellness Programs, this position will lead and deliver Project Jewel Land-based programs within the community, such as opportunities for community members to take part in (seasonal) cultural, traditional, and wellness programs on the Land within the ISR communities.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation – Human Resources Division Email: jobs@Inuvialuit.com OR Fax: 1.888.872.7142
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement
• Promote connections to culture, language and traditions through Elder and Community Members teachings, programs and experiences while on the land;
• Coordinate and be present (on site) for all activities for the duration of the Land Program;
• Maintain effective communication with Manager of OTL Wellness Programs before, during and after excursion;
• Promote and invite additional services providers to attend Land programs;
• Connect and network with other services providers within the community;
• Participate in training opportunities as required by position. The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
• Minimum of a High School diploma will be required;
• Certificate or Diploma in health and wellness and/or land-based courses (i.e. Environment and Natural Resources Training Program) would be considered an asset;
• Participant orientation skills would be required to ensure that participants feel safe;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Land as well as travelling and camping skills are essential;
• Ability to listen actively and respond constructively to those in challenging situations;
• Flexible work hours will be required in order to deliver that scheduled OTL programs (i.e. evenings, weekends and overnights);
• Must be able to travel to Inuvik for training throughout the year;
• Must hold (or able to attain) a valid Possession Acquisition License (PAL);
• Must hold (or able to attain) an Advanced Wilderness and Remote First Aid CPR-C + AED Certificate;
• May be required to hold (or able to attain) a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.