Inuvik, NT – Full-Time – Two (2) Year Term
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation invites applications for the position of Marine Program Coordinator based in Inuvik, NT. Under the guidance of the Research Manager, the Marine Program Coordinator is responsible for addressing short and long-term marine transportation, safety and environmental protection policy needs by supporting regional/community marine safety and environmental priorities and establishing a marine safety and environmental protection program within the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR).
• Develop and support of marine transportation, safety and environmental protection programs and policies within ISR;
• Research and report on marine transportation regulations and policy with regards to and integrating results into development of the program;
• Analyze marine safety and environmental protection data collected in the ISR;
• Provide a coordinated approach to marine safety policies in the ISR;
• Liaise with Territorial and national departments to ensure coordination and facilitate information sharing;
• Work with partners such as the Inuvialuit Corporate Group, Transport Canada (Oceans, Protection Plan), Canadian Coast Guard, Inuvialuit Organizations and others;
• Provide Secretarial duties to the Proactive Management Committee.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor or Environmental Sciences with a minimum of 2 years work experience or;
o College Diploma in a related field minimum of 7 years related work experience
o A Master’s Degree in Physical, Social and Environmental Sciences or related fields preferred;
• 2 years experience in project planning, proposal writing and budget management;
• Knowledge in government marine related strategies, funding initiatives and opportunities;
• Experience in developing community projects with the ability to create both long and short-term plans on community input;
• Knowledge and interest in Federal and Territorial marine safety policies/programs;
• Knowledge of Inuvialuit Settlement Region, the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (IFA), and the cooperative management structures established pursuant to the IFA;
• Efficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project) and GIS;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, with diverse audiences;
• Willingness to travel within and outside the Inuvialuit Settlement Region;
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Deadline to apply is September 13, 2019. Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 888-872-4172