Inuvialuit Development Corporation invites applications for the position of Site Custodian/Maintainer based in Inuvik, NT. Reporting to the AOGS Site Superintendent, the Site Custodian/Maintainer performs custodial duties and assists with monitoring, securing, and conducting general inspections and maintenance on the Forward Operation Location site.
• Provide janitorial services; maintain general cleanliness and tidiness of the (FOL) site as per the attached building cleaning schedules.
• Knowledge of standard cleaning products& equipment employed in janitorial care and maintenance of facilities.
• Perform preventative daily maintenance checks, prepares checklists on all buildings including boiler pressure, ventilation systems, temperature, exterior conditions of roads, etc.
• Responsible to note site access issues, any construction restrictions, hinderances and all such difficulties that may affect the site
• Complete work orders and project updates ensuring all documentation is provided to the Site Supervisor
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge:
• Minimum of Grade 10, Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent would be considered an asset
• Class 5 Driver’s license, with clean driving record
• Completion or enrolment in a Trades apprenticeship would be considered an asset
• Ability to obtain Federal Government Security Certification at the Secret level
• Two (2) years of experience in labour or maintenance positions, ideally working on commercial and residential property units
• Experience with electrical, carpentry and plumbing tasks would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of workplace safety and related processes
• Must be able to lift to 30kgs
• On-call duty is required (as needed) While on call, incumbents must be in Inuvik and accessible by phone for after-hours property issues and/or emergencies including during evenings, weekends, and holidays
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Deadline to apply is December 10,2021. Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 888-872-7142
All applicants who are successfully hired will be required to comply with the Inuvialuit Mandatory Vaccination Policy
Inuvik, NT – (Mon to Fri Minimum of 25 Hours a Week)