Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator, the Language Instructor plans and implements daily cultural and language‐based learning activities for the Aboriginal Head Start Centre and assists with the care of the children, delivery of daily programming and operation of the facility.
- Assists the Program Coordinator in communicating with parents on regular basis about their child’s wellbeing and individual progress;
- Knowledge of the Inuvialuit language and culture;
- Fluency in Inuvialuktun;
- Able to demonstrate self‐management and maintain composure, consistency, and patience in stressful situations.
- Experience working with Children;
- Aboriginal Language Instructor/Early Childhood Development Certificate or equivalent education considered an asset;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in early childhood;
- Must have up to date immunizations in accordance with the NWT Immunization Schedule, an acceptable Tuberculosis Screening test and provide proof of this prior to start date;
- Must provide a satisfactory RCMP criminal records check, including a vulnerable sector search, prior to hire.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation Human Resources Department
Fax: 1‐888‐872‐7142 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted