You are here
Aklak Air is proud to have been serving the Inuvialuit Settlement Region for 20 years as the primary provider of air transportation. During that time, we have delivered dependable scheduled, cargo and charter air services, as well as specialized community services such as food mail and medevac.
Since our inception, our priority has been to provide you with safe, reliable and efficient air service. Our aircraft are flown by dual flight crews trained in cockpit management and all hold Transport Canada Instrument Flight Ratings. All flights are provided by our customer selected fleet, maintained to the highest Transport Canada standards and safety certified.
Offering both scheduled and charter fixed wing service across the Western Arctic, Aklak Air excels in providing efficient, secure and safe transportation for people, goods and material on a cost-competitive basis. Geologists, oil exploration personnel, land surveyors - they all rely on Aklak Air to get them into some of the most remote locations north of 60.
Fully aware of our responsibility to our shareholders, we have done our utmost to balance sustainable business practices with the need for affordable and effective transportation between Inuvialuit communities.
- Scheduled passenger flights (Western Arctic)
- Charter passenger service anywhere in the Arctic
- Off-strip charters - floats, wheel-skis, tundra tires
- Integrated service package to meet industry, exploration and research needs
- Flexible fleet including Beechcraft 1900, Beechcraft King Air 200, De Havilland DHC-6 Twin Otter and McDonnell Douglas DC-3T (seasonally)
- All aircraft equipped with twin turbo props for "mission critical" reliability, even in extreme conditions