Inuvik, NT – Full-Time
The Inuvialuit Regional Corporation invites applications for the position of Senior Accountant in Inuvik. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant provides support to processes managed by the accounting department leadership team and assists with various special projects undertaken by the ICG accounting team.
- Responsible for the completion and analysis of monthly Income Statement Reports;
- Responsible for the completion and analysis of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation;
- Provide support for Controller through quarterly consolidation;
- Provide support for Controller through annual budgeting process.
- Responsible for the bank reconciliation process, corporate card reconciliation process, purchase order system and processes;
- Responsible for GST/HST returns;
- Responsible for review of bill back, cash clearing, and intercompany accounts;
- Responsible for balancing and paying intercompany account amounts monthly;
- Provides back-up and support for annual audits as requested;
- Provides support and coverage for the Senior Accountant – Contribution Agreements as required -
- Assists with the tracking and monitoring of the physical asset inventory for the Inuvialuit Corporate Centre.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
- Degree in Business Administration, preferably with a specialization in accounting or finance;
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) is an asset;
- Three years of financial accounting experience, preferably in a team environment working with diverse stakeholder groups;
- Additional years would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement, the Inuvialuit Settlement Region;
- Knowledge of government accounting reporting procedures, IFRS and ASPE would be considered assets;
- Ability to research, analyze, forecast outcomes and develop recommendations related to financial or accounting processes;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Deadline to apply is September 27, 2019. Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to: Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 888-872-4172