Term to June 28, 2021 (with a possibility of extension)
Under the guidance of the Manager Youth Programs, the successful candidate will be a bridge from the community/family to the school to ensure student successes and improve attendance issues. They will also provide direction to career and employment related resources and supports.
- Assists the school to support and guide students with total academic achievement, including attendance
- Works with the student, student’s family and school to bridge the gap between community and school
- Gathers and maintains inventory of resources relating to wellness, career planning, education and employment to provide to students and families
- Assists clients with aftercare and wellness plans
- Identifies barriers to education, training or employment and advises paths in reducing these barriers
- Diploma in social work, education or related field considered an asset.
- Two years of related experience, ideally in the field of education, career development, wellness or client service.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Please send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: (888)-872-7142
Closing date: March 19, 2021
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.