Resolution Health Support Program
If you want to learn more about the Resolution Health Support Program, please contact:
Health & Wellness Division
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation
107 Mackenzie Road
Bag Service #21
Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0
- (867) 777-7088
For general IAP information or an update on your file, please call 1 (877) 635-2648 or visit www.iap-pei.ca.
For emergency counselling and crisis intervention, please contact the Residential School Crisis Line at 1 (866) 925-4419.
The Resolution Health Support Program (RHSP) provides mental health and emotional support services to former residential school students and their families.
RHSP educates and empowers survivors and intergenerational survivors to take lead in their lives. RHSP staff develop and deliver workshops in the Beaufort Delta Region that help individuals look at the many different traumas of residential school and tools in their surroundings and daily lives to move forward one day at a time.
Cultural Support Workers (CSW’s) are located in each community – Ulukhaktok, Sachs Harbour, Paulatuk, Tuktoyaktuk, Aklavik and Inuvik – to give frontline support or refer you to the RHSP.
What RHSP can do for you:
- Provide frontline emotional support for former students and their families
- Provide Workshops in your community, leaving you to empower each other
- Attend Independent Assessment Process (IAP) hearings
- Provide referrals to lawyers for additional assistance with IAP claim
- Provide referrals to either in-house counsellors or other Health Canada counsellors traveling to Inuvik and surrounding communities
- Assist with other residential school programs that come forth by Health Canada