The Inuvialuit Foods Program invites applications for One (1) Lead Cook in Sachs Harbour, NT. Under the direction and guidance of the Regional Manager – ISR Foods Program, the Lead Cook will prepare healthy meals for children and youth in Inualthuyak School.
The Lead Cook position is scheduled in conjunction with school operational hours. The hours of work may vary depending on the need, but generally fall between the hours of 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge:
- Culinary diploma OR Cook experience -Willing to train successful candidate to obtain certification
- Reliable Monday to Friday during school year
- Able to plan food groceries needs 2-weeks in advance and communicate those needs to supervisor
- Experience working with children and youth considered an asset
- Food budget and food supply coordination considered an asset
- Food safety certificate considered an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 15 kgs
- Experience working as a team, must be a team player
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
Open Until Filled
Priority given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
All new hires are required to comply with the Inuvialuit Vaccination Policy.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division
Email: email@example.com Fax: 888-872-7142