Inuvik, NT – Casual
Inuvialuit Community Economic Development Organization (ICEDO) invites application for Country Food Processing Plant Operator in Inuvik, NT. Under the guidance of the Director of ICEDO, the applicant will be responsible for providing country food to all beneficiaries. The Country Food Processing Plant is key in providing finished goods to Inuvialuit in the ISR Communities.
- Clean and maintaining tools and equipment
- Ongoing follow-up with rules, regulations and other relevant laws guiding country food production
- Inspect meat and other related products brought for processing
- Cuts, grinds, trim, and otherwise prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry, and fish
- Cuts meats, vacuum seals, label and puts them into good arrangement for easy identification in the freezer
- Use butchery tools to cut, grind, tie and prepare meats
- Observe and maintain safety levels with particular attention to machinery and electrical equipment
- Manage inventory, keep record of amount of distribution, product line and freshness of products according to Inuvialuit and beneficiary requirements.
- Opportunity to mentor and teach others
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
- Be open to complete training such as the food safety certification at any time
- Understand and complying with health and safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work as a member of the team and communicate effectively
- Work activities involves handling loads up to 20 kg
- Punctual and Reliable
- Awareness of Hygiene, both personal and work area
- Preparation of standard cuts of meat, poultry and fish products may include odors.
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
All new hires are required to comply with Inuvialuit Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccinations Policy
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation - Human Resources Division
firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 888-872-7142