Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) invites applications for the position of Oral Health Representative in Aklavik, Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour. The Oral Health Representative will work closely with the Health Promotions Coordinator to learn the skills and gain the knowledge to learn what is required to provide to the communities with information about Oral health Education. As well as, monitoring and organizing recalls and referrals for Oral Health Professional when the visit the ISR communities as part of the IRC’s Oral Health Initiative for children ages 0‐12. This is a contact position and training will be provided.
• Training will be provided to prepare oral health screenings to children ages 0‐
12 and report findings to Health Promotions Coordinator;
• Coordinate and implement school toothbrushing programs;
• Coordinate and implement school fluoride treatment programs;
• Training will be provided to prepare and deliver Oral Health Education presentations to community groups, CPNP, Healthy babies, and Schools;
• Participate in training opportunities as required by the position;
The ideal candidate will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
• High School Diploma preferred, but not required;
• Certificate or Diploma in a Health and Wellness would be considered an asset;
• 1‐2 years of client‐service experience, preferable in field related to health or wellness;
• Cultural awareness of the local community;
• Ability to listen actively and respond constructively to those in challenging situations;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local, regional and other supports;
• Reliable and willing to work with minimum supervision;
• Demonstrated capacity to maintain confidentiality;
• Fluency in local indigenous language would be an asset;
• The incumbent may be required to work flexible hours (i.e. evenings, weekends).
Priority consideration will be given to beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation – Human Resources Division Email: jobs@Inuvialuit.com OR Fax: 1.888.872.7142
Deadline to apply is January 28, 2020.