Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources (HR) and Capacity, the Capacity Advisor is responsible to ensure that the capacity initiatives of the Inuvialuit Regional Corporation (IRC) are initiated. This role will be heavily involved in supporting the needs of the organization by developing, interacting and supporting the HR, Education and Capacity department in offering targeted skills development programming in each community within the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR).
As a strong team player, the Capacity Advisor will work cooperatively with the IRC Education and Training team to help ensure Inuvialuit students successful transition to training or post-secondary education with the necessary skills and supports. This position requires the incumbent to draw from general Human Resource knowledge, understanding of the educational supports in the community, and the ability to develop strong, professional relationships that can be leveraged to improvement engagement of the Inuvialuit.
The ideal candidates will have the following combination of education, experience and knowledge:
- 5+ years Human Resource experience; Career Development experience.
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or Career Development is considered an asset.
- Ability to identify barriers as well as opportunities to provide advice for the department and Beneficiaries.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to research, analyze and evaluate alternatives to provide sound recommendations related to a wide range of issues.
- Ability to prepare successful funding proposals.
- Ability to develop detailed budgets and implement them accordingly.
Priority consideration will be given to Beneficiaries of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Inuvialuit Regional Corporation
Human Resources Department